Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kindred 5, Phoenix Rising, Teaser 2


   Annabelle’s hand flew to her mouth as she took in the destruction that littered the ground around her. Though there were still a few Halflings left most of their bodies littered the ground around her. Bile rushed up her throat, the brutality and ferociousness of the atrocity around her left her shaken and stunned. She had always known that there was a cruelty within Devon she had never witnessed before. She was witnessing it now, and it was far worse than anything she’d ever seen before.

   He had not only destroyed a good chunk of the Halflings within this town, but he had ripped them to bits and left their remains scattered about. It looked as if a bomb had gone off, and that bomb was Devon. She tore her attention from the savagery as she instinctively sought out Liam amongst the dwindling crowd. She had to be reassured of his health and well being, at least for now.

   His gaze met hers; his beautiful silvery eyes were filled with revulsion and disbelief. Melissa, Luther, and Dani stood by his side looking just as distraught and disgusted as Liam. Though they appeared to be in no danger, not right now anyway, Annabelle knew that wouldn’t last. Julian believed Devon would hand himself over to The Elder’s once he killed his brother, but Annabelle didn’t think he would. Especially since she now understood that Chris had been right in his assessment. There was nothing left of the Devon they knew.

   Devon was in the throes of a bloodlust so severe and destructive that attempting to stop him seemed futile. Even after he destroyed Robert, there was no way to know if Devon would stop, or if he even could stop.

   Devon tore the head off of one of the Halflings and used its body to ram another one that rushed at him. Annabelle winced and fell back a step as the thing broke in half. Devon was oblivious to the fact that his hair and clothes were caked with blood and his eyes were the same color. The Elder’s had fallen back beneath his savage advance, too astonished by it to react quite yet, but that wouldn’t last much longer.    

   What could she possibly do to stop this?

6 comments:

  1. I truly can not wait for this book to come out. I usually do not read series until they are all finished due to the fact I read at a faster rate than normal and I am an extremely impatient person. I have to know how thing end and I can not wait months to a year at a time to know, so to say that I am in agony waiting, I really am. I did read both your Captive and Kindred series before they were all out because I did not know there was only three of the Captive series, and when I read them, i was so impressed I thought I could wait for the end of the Kindred series. When Salvation came out I did a dance on my couch, my roommates have come to the conclusion that I am crazy, but I can not wait to do the same dance when this comes out as well. Keep writing because you are amazing and I promise to keep reading and to pass out your wonderful creations to all of my book worm friends so that we can start a fan club and root for Devon and Cassie (Who I hope comes back with a great twist of course) for their happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them so much, thank you! And thank you for sharing with others! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for this to finally come out! Sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished book 4 last night. I love these books. When are you releasing book 5? Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may have just killed me with suspence!!! I have just this minute finished book four and i had to come look for your website im just like WOW...... im not sure i will find anything quite so good to keep me going until august 31st

    ReplyDelete

Whispers of Ruin (The Shadow Realms, Book 10) is now LIVE!

Whispers of Ruin  is live at your favorite retailer. Are you ready to enter Doomed Valley and fall into Brokk and Kaylia's story?  Amazo...