Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Teaser 4 from Frost Burn

   “You have instincts Quinn, what are they telling you?”
    “That I should run as far from you as possible.”
   Her blunt answer caused his eyebrow to rise. “Why?”
   “Deep down I don’t believe you’re a killer, anymore, but you were once and you scare the crap out me.”
    “I’m not frightening.”
    “You’re terrifying. The way you make me feel, the things I’ve told you. You barged into my life, you tore it apart and I don’t know what to think or do anymore.”
   He’d been steadily approaching her while she spoke. She went to step away from him, but he clasped hold of her wrist. “Do you really find me terrifying?” he inquired as he tugged her up against his chest. Her eyes were the color of gold as she tilted her head back her lips parted. His fingers entwined with hers, he pulled her arm gently up and behind her back.
    Excitement pulsed through his body; he took a step back, pressing her against the wall. “Julian.” The husky whisper of the word only electrified his skin further.
    He rested his hand beside her head and bent to look into her eyes. “Am I really that frightening, Quinn?”
    “Yes,” she whispered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Secrets of Ruin is now LIVE!!!!

  Secrets of Ruin is here! Are you ready for the final book in The Shadow Realms? 🐍 Amazon:  https://www.brendakdavies.com/SRama 🌿 Apple B...